I am an avid Anthropologie shopper. Yesterday, I received a small box in the mail from them as a New Year’s token of appreciation. It contained a Japanese Daruma Doll. The card read “Keeping An Eye on Your Dreams.” As a transitional reinvention coach this little gift was not only inspirational, but it spoke to me on multiple levels. Apparently, Anthro’s creative director keeps one of these dolls in her office to remind her of her goals. As a company, they decided to pay it forward. As a coach, I am doing the same for you!
This tiny Daruma Doll came with two buttons and a needle and thread. The instructions read as follows: 1. “Sew on one button eye and set a goal you’d like to achieve.” 2. “Keep him in plain sight so while he focuses on your goal, you’ll be reminded to do the same.” 3. “Once achieved, sew on the second button eye and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.”
How can a wishing doll contribute to your success?
- Clarity breeds motivation. Setting goals is the first step toward achieving them.
- Smart goals are specific and measurable at their core.
- What you concentrate on expands.
- Managing one goal at a time contributes to focus.
- Accountability keeps you on track.
- Illusion of “team effort” between yourself and your doll makes the process “interactive.”
You can create your own dolls if you are crafty or simply draw them on paper and add on as you would on an actual Daruma Doll. Or you can visit welovedaruma.com. and order yet other versions of these wishing dolls.
What we think about we can bring about! Ready. Set. Goals!
Share this page